Wednesday, February 16

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Since Valentine's Day was on a big Monday night this year, the hubby and I skipped the normal eat-out-at-a-romantic-restaurant thing and decided to spend that money on a few accessories for the house.  (Oh, and it didn't hurt that the piece I've been looking for for a while was on sale at Hobby Lobby!).  See, I've been looking for a corner shelf piece with a bronze finish to add a decorative touch to my dining room.  The room is rather small, so with our large dining room table, we can't fit a big, beautiful buffet (alliteration anyone?) on any wall without making it feel cramped.  We have managed to fit a bar, but that's about the extent of furniture/accessories besides the table and chairs.  So now we have two more pieces of furniture; the corner shelf:


and a side table with a beautiful vase (bought with a gift card to Kirkland's from my girls - Thanks!) which is yet to be filled (still looking for just the right stuff...):


And for those of you who like details, here's a few close ups of the shelf itself (beautiful wood!) and the heart details (perfect for Valentine's Day wouldn't you say?) :



 

Don't worry, I still got flowers for Valentine's Day.  I just got the kind that will live longer (yay!):



Future project for my flower box pending warmer weather :)

Oh, and here's a picture of my cutie patootie Parker and his Valentine's Day present: 


So how did you spend your Valentine's Day? Any interesting stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment